Careers at SCL Mortgage
SCL Mortgage is a growing mortgage company based in Lone Tree, Colorado with additional branch offices in Colorado and Nebraska. The Owner of the company has over 30 years in the industry and has a reputation of growing successful origination platforms. SCL originates Conventional, FHA, VA, Jumbo Loans, Bridge Loans as well as SCL or Non-Prime Loans.
SCL is a great place to work in a fun, casual environment with growth potential for the right people.
Mortgage Loan Processor
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB
The Mortgage Loan Processor is responsible for moving loans through the system as efficiently as possible.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Working with Loan Officers and LO Assistants to properly structure files and agree on the necessary documents required for the investors to approve our loans.
• Manage deadlines in order to achieve quality outcomes
• Collect and analyze all necessary loan documentation
• Consistently communicate with customers and other parties throughout the loan process
• Order all third-party documents, complete income calculation worksheets, issue initial closing disclosures
• Minimum 2 years’ experience
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Experience with Loan Origination Systems (LOS) such as Calyx Point
• Proven ability to run both DU and LP
• Skilled in Document Preparation Software, DocMagic
• Proficiency with computer systems including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to efficiently and consistently produce accurate work
• Solid organizational and problem-solving skills
• Capability of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with a heavy volume of transactions
• Proven aptitude to work in both a team and individual environment
• Sound judgment skills to make quick decisions within written policy and standard operating procedures are essential
Job Type: Full-time
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Training period in office 1 – 4 weeks (TBD dependent on candidates’ ability to get up to speed). Then remote work will be open for discussion.
• Candidate has the option to work in an office environment after training.
Physical requirements: The applicant will sit, walk, stand, hear for lengths of time.
• 8 hours shift
• Day shift (flexible hours if necessary)
• Monday to Friday
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
Location: Lone Tree, CO
To apply: Email Cover and Resume to email@example.com
Mortgage Loan Originator – Colorado and/or Nebraska
SCL Mortgage is looking for great Mortgage Originators that want to make a difference in people’s lives.
We generate quality leads in house with our marketing and advertising programs – we do NOT buy generic leads lists that waste your time!
CLOSE MORE LOANS!
Say YES more often. In additional to the traditional loan types, we offer even more loan programs than most lenders that allow you to say YES to more borrowers.
Honesty, Integrity and hard work are the most important qualities to have. We believe in 3 things.
• Always, always do the right thing.
• You must make money and successful Originators do make money with us.
• You must have fun. If you are not having fun at what you do, then make a change.
If you always do the right thing, like to make money and like to have fun then maybe SCL is the right place for YOU!
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Originates purchase or Refinance transactions by taking complete and accurate loan applications.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with realtors, bank officers, builders and new home sales representatives in order to develop and retain existing business.
• Monitors overall customer interaction and interfaces with all parties involved on each individual loan from application to closing, including but not limited to counseling and pre-qualifying potential home buyers.
• Collects and analyzes information regarding the customer’s income, assets, investments or debts.
• Evaluates Expert Financial and other loan products and services and determines which financial products best meet the customer’s needs and financial circumstances.
• Advises the customer regarding the advantages and disadvantages of different loan products.
• Services existing customers and obtains all necessary support documents along with the appropriate fees and lock in information.
• Oversees the loan process by monitoring loan status and ensures conformity with terms.
• Communicates loan status to all interested parties and obtains loan documentation after closing.
• Negotiates terms and conditions of loans with customers.
• Demonstrated judgment and decision-making ability.
• Excellent and effective presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
Location: Lone Tree, CO
Job Type: Full Time / Employee
Years of Experience: Minimum of 2 Years (Realtor/Builder relationships a plus)
Education Level: High school or equivalent (Required)
NMLS Licensing: Colorado and/or Nebraska Required
To apply: Email Cover and Resume to Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: I love my job…
I love my job because I get to help people. The following two scenarios happened this week:
1. This lady survived cancer and tried to refi earlier this year; a day before closing the loan officer quit and the company did not complete her loan. When I called her the other night to tell her the good news that we were going to lock her loan she cried (tears of joy and appreciation).
2. This gentleman tried to refi with two other banks before calling us. He was turned down twice after going thru the entire application process. We are in the process of locking his bank statement loan. I just got off the phone with him and he said, “I used to have a best mortgage story, but you guys have really impressed me and now this my best experience.”
SCL Mortgage, LLC is an EEOC employer and follows all federal, state, and local laws relating to fair employment.
SCL is committed to preventing, stopping and remedying all forms of discrimination that occur in its workplace. Managers are accountable for keeping SCL’s workplace free from discrimination and ensuring that SCL provides equal employment opportunity for all in the workforce and for those seeking to become members of SCL’s workforce.
SCL’s employees are protected by laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. SCL’s employees are also protected against retaliation if they engage in a protected activity, whistleblowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law.